Re: Welcome back! [September 2014 reboot]

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:25 pm

ASA Vet wrote:Thank you kind sir. ASA Vet is back.

:poms:

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:35 pm

Welcome back!

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:11 pm

saganite wrote:

Welcome back!

:hesaid: :D

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:14 pm

balrog666 wrote:
saganite wrote:

Welcome back!

:hesaid: :D
Yep. So, who else is missing?

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:21 pm

ASA Vet is back! Let there be dancing in the tortoise pits!

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:21 am

Yippee! Welcome back!!

Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Not sure this is the right thread but it will do. I can't post on the YouTube Video Jukebox. It keeps closing and reloading. I don't have this problem with any other forum or thread. iPad here.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:53 pm

saganite wrote:Not sure this is the right thread but it will do. I can't post on the YouTube Video Jukebox. It keeps closing and reloading. I don't have this problem with any other forum or thread. iPad here.

Closes and reloads at the point you do what exactly? Or just when viewing the thread before you even get a chance to hit the post button?

Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Ichneumon wrote:
saganite wrote:Not sure this is the right thread but it will do. I can't post on the YouTube Video Jukebox. It keeps closing and reloading. I don't have this problem with any other forum or thread. iPad here.

Closes and reloads at the point you do what exactly? Or just when viewing the thread before you even get a chance to hit the post button?

When trying to post a link and selecting video from the menu I get a reload and it happens every time. I've had the problem before associated with the YouTube thread but not for a while. Honestly, I think it's a problem with Safari but thought I'd post it to see if anyone else has the problem.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:44 pm

saganite wrote:
Ichneumon wrote:

When trying to post a link and selecting video from the menu I get a reload and it happens every time. I've had the problem before associated with the YouTube thread but not for a while. Honestly, I think it's a problem with Safari but thought I'd post it to see if anyone else has the problem.

Does it work if you skip the video "button" and just manually type "[video]" then paste your video link then manually type "[/video]"?

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Ichneumon wrote:
saganite wrote:
Ichneumon wrote:

Does it work if you skip the video "button" and just manually type "[video]" then paste your video link then manually type "[/video]"?

Haven't tried that. I'll give it a go.

ETA: that doesn't work either. I can't type anything into the post. The message I get is this webpage experienced a problem so it was reloaded.

ETA more: just tried it again and now Safari is crashing. Whoa!

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:15 am

OK, outta here til the 2nd of January, going on the first vacation we have had in 3 years.

No electronics, Books, Bikes, and board games, should be fun, I just hope I get over this damned plague before I have to drive 3 hours. UGH!!

Yeah, work my ass off, and then when officially on vacation, get sick as a dog... Fuck it, I will tough this shit out, I deserve a vacation dammit!!!

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:45 am

Please do be very careful.

Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:10 am

I'm suddenly getting these error messages inexplicably on DC™:

Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Even when I'm not using "search."

This is anomalous behavior for the site.

Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:49 am

Elmo Zoneball wrote:I'm suddenly getting these error messages inexplicably on DC™:

Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Well, that makes it hard to search for the problem.

Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:59 am

Elmo Zoneball wrote:I'm suddenly getting these error messages inexplicably on DC™:

Some of the display pages (especially "Active topics") actually do a search internally to decide what to show.

The CPU utilization of the site was high a while back, so it was being cranky about using more resources. If it persists I'll reboot the instance which usually helps.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:27 pm

The forum went out about 20 min ago, and now has just re-surfaced. What's going on?

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:36 pm

GSlob wrote:The forum went out about 20 min ago, and now has just re-surfaced. What's going on?

The forum takes itself offline if its CPU usage spikes too much which it did just now for some unknown reason. I rebooted the server and it's happy now.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:30 pm

GSlob wrote:The forum went out about 20 min ago, and now has just re-surfaced. What's going on?

DC became self-aware.

It decided our fate in microseconds.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:32 pm

Nilla wrote:

DC became self-aware.

...and it will not stop -- ever -- until you are enlightened.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:32 pm

DerTrommler wrote:
Nilla wrote:

DC became self-aware.

:)

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:08 pm

DerTrommler wrote:
Nilla wrote:

DC became self-aware.

I am not merely enlightened but luciferous. Therefore it should cease and desist.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:34 pm

Another site I go to went down due to excessive queries by a search bot.

the Baidu search engine??

Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:17 am

js1138 wrote:Another site I go to went down due to excessive queries by a search bot.

the Baidu search engine??
perhaps it might be possible to block/deflect such bots at the entrance [and fuck them baboons]. If they have anything useful to do here, I totally fail to see it.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:39 pm

And today something similar had happened again, the site was temporarily unavailable. Were it up to me, I would bar the external search engines. It is not like we are getting a stream of new members from their google- or other searches.